17 September 2008

Wilmero in Tijuana: 2008 Festival Impulse



Last Monday was the 15th of September. For those who don't find significance in that date it is Mexican Independence Day and this Wilmero found himself over the border in Tijuana celebrating with the masses. My girlfriend and I celebrated this years Independence Day at the 2008 Festival Impulse with many of Tijuana's young residents. The unifying event was filled with heart thumping beats and music that I'm sure lasted into the late hours of the morning. I personally left the adrenalin inducing mixes around 2 am and there seemed to be no slowing to the festivities, I guess I just can't hang anymore.
Mad beats were dropped, some accompanied by eye catching visuals, by a number of DJs, such as Etcheto, Bostich and Fussible associated with Nortec Collective and the Rapture. There was a singing music performance by Glass Candy that I found more ear pleasing than eye pleasing but i guess the ear part is the point. I personally super enjoyed the set by Nortec Collective and to me it seems that many others did too. I guess the crowd hopping was a good signifier of that. I had a great time with amazing music surrounded by Mexican national pride, happy anniversary Mexico. Que viva Mexico!   



1 comment:

Melivon said...

Vi-va Mé-xi-co!! Vi-va Mé-xi-co!!! yeah it was definitely a robotic and pupetric??(i just made up a word) experience!!!!

Tijuana makes me happy!!!!